Desserts are delicious but often contain lots of fast-release sugars. As a healthy alternative, why not make this cheesecake with Greek yoghurt and cranberry compote.
- Directly to...
- Soak the sheets of gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes. Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the tip of a knife. Bring the milk with the honey to the boil in a saucepan. Remove from the heat . Add the squeezed gelatine and stir until it has dissolved. Mix the gelatine through the yoghurt. Add the vanilla seeds and the pod. Place in the fridge until use.
- Thinly slice the dates and finely chop the walnuts. Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan. As soon as it has melted, remove the pan from the heat. Add the dates, walnuts, almond flour and coconut blossom sugar. Divide the mixture over four glasses. Firm into the glasses with a spoon.
- Spread the Greek yoghurt (remove the vanilla pod first) over the base in the glasses. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Squeeze the lime. Bring the cranberries to the boil with the lime juice, honey, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of water and the vanilla extract. Leave to gently simmer on a low heat for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave the compote to cool to room temperature. Spread some cranberry compote over the yoghurt base.
- Tip: Prefer not to use gelatine? Replace the gelatine with agar agar. Follow the instructions on the package.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 900 kcal
- 19 g
- 51 g
- 18 g
- 87 g
- 84 g
- 10 g