Avocado towers with tuna and wasabi mayonnaise
Avocado and wasabi is a delicious combination, as the Japanese know all too well. They know what's tasty anyway, and the tuna tops it all off!
- Directly to...
- ½ cayenne pepper
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of water-based tuna (185 g), drained
- 1 lime
- 2 avocados
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp wasabi
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp green wasabi sesame seeds + extra to garnish
- 8 edible pansies (optional)
- serving ring about 5 cm
- Cut the stem of the half cayenne pepper, remove the seeds and finely chop the flesh. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Mix the drained tuna with the cayenne pepper and season with salt.
- Squeeze the lime. Make a cut in the avocados around the stone. Twist the two halves apart. Spoon out the stone. Scoop out the flesh with a spoon and cut it into small cubes of about 1 cm. Mix the avocado cubes with 2/3 of the lime juice.
- Mix the mayonnaise with the wasabi and the two types of sesame seeds. Season with the rest of the lime juice.
- Rinse the serving ring with water. Do not dry it! Place in the centre of a plate. Fill the ring with a layer of avocado. Press the top down a little. Put a layer of tuna on it, then press again. Finish with a layer of avocado. Carefully remove the ring and make a total of 8 towers.
- Spread the wasabi mayonnaise over the top, and garnish with an edible pansy, cherry tomatoes and extra sesame seeds.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 315 kcal
- 12 g
- 27 g
- 3 g
- 4 g
- 3 g
- 5 g