White chocolate cake with strawberries
A cake with strawberries is always a special treat! Especially when combined with white chocolate. You can vary the biscuits for the base. Why not try coconut biscuits instead of Bastogne, also delicious.
- 100 g butter
- 260 g Bastogne biscuits
- 300 g white chocolate
- 325 ml whipping cream
- 6 sheets of gelatine
- 500 g strawberries
- 1 lime
- 75 g sugar
- Springform pan approx. 23 cm
- Food processor (or ziplock bag and rolling pin)
- Baking paper
- Hand blender
- Line the bottom of the springform pan with baking paper. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Pulse the biscuits in the food processor or put them in the ziplock bag, seal and beat them into fine crumbs with the rolling pin. Pour the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs and mix thoroughly.
- Spread out the biscuit mixture evenly over the bottom of the springform, press down with the back of a spoon. Leave the spring form to cool in the fridge until ready to use.
- Chop the white chocolate very finely and place in a bowl. Heat 150 ml of whipping cream until almost boiling. Pour the hot whipping cream over the white chocolate and stir until smooth. Spread the mixture over the biscuit base and leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Soak the sheets of gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes. Remove the crowns from half of the strawberries and chop them into pieces. Save the rest for decoration. Squeeze the lime. Bring the strawberry pieces to a boil in a pan with 25 ml water, the sugar and the lime juice. Once everything is boiling, puree the strawberries with the hand blender until smooth. Add the squeezed gelatin and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool until it starts to set.
- Next, beat the remaining whipping cream with the mixer until it reaches a yoghurt-like consistency. Fold the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture as gently as possible and spread the bavarois into the cake tin. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Decorate the cake with the remaining strawberries.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 440 kcal
- 4 g
- 29 g
- 18 g
- 40 g
- 29 g
- 1 g