Pearl couscous with Bimi®
Giant, or pearl, couscous is the rounder and larger version of the original couscous and is delicious to use in a salad. This salad is refreshing and vegan!
- Directly to...
- Lunch, Main dish, Salads, Brunch
- 2 persons
- 25 min. preparation 10 min. of waiting time
- 560 kcal Nutrition Value
- Lactose free Low in fat
- 175 g couscous
- 200 g Bimi®
- 100 g baby corn
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 50 g black olives, without stone
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g basil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pearl couscous according to the instructions on the package. Rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Slice the florets and stems of the Bimi® into small pieces. Halve the mini sweet corn lengthwise. Cook the Bimi® and mini sweet corn in boiling water in approx. 4 minutes until just tender. Rinse briefly under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Slice the sweet pepper into rings and halve the olives.
- Zest the peel of the lemon. Squeeze the juice. Put the pearl couscous, Bimi®, mini corn, sweet pepper, olives and lemon zest into a bowl. Press the garlic and add, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper and lemon juice.
- Finely slice the basil and add to the salad. Leave the salad for 10 minutes before serving so the flavours can develop.
Tip: Also tastes amazing with crumbled or diced feta. The dish is no longer vegan.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 560 kcal
- 16 g
- 19 g
- 3 g
- 78 g
- 8 g
- 7 g