Strawberries are often eaten as a snack or with whipped cream. You can even try them on a crispy rusk like the Dutch do! But it is also a nice idea to marinate strawberries. This intensifies the flavour and gives you a different taste experience.
- Directly to...
- Breakfast, Dessert, Snacks, Appetisers and snacks
- 4 persons
- 15 min. preparation 15 min. waiting time
- 345 kcal Nutrition Value
- Gluten free Vegetarian
- 500 g strawberries
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- Remove the crowns from the strawberries. Slice the strawberries in half. Thinly slice the mint.
- Mix the strawberries with the balsamic vinegar and the mint. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze the orange. Mix the juice with the icing sugar through the mascarpone.
- Divide the mascarpone over 4 plates or glasses. Divide the marinated strawberries over the mascarpone.
Tip: For a good flavour it is important to choose a nice balsamic vinegar, preferably one that has matured a little longer. This gives a milder flavour. Buy the vinegar from a speciality store.
Tip: Marinated strawberries also taste amazing in a mixed green salad with mozzarella or burrata and a fresh green olive oil.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 345 kcal
- 6 g
- 30 g
- 19 g
- 12 g
- 11 g
- 2 g