Lime risotto with green mini asparagus
Create a risotto dish with an exotic twist? This zingy lime risotto is delicious in combination with the ‘bite’ of the green mini asparagus and the salty flavour of cod.
- 100 g green mini asparagus
- 1 shallot
- 4 limes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 125 grams risotto rice
- 500 ml hot vegetable stock
- 40 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cod fillets, skin on
- Salt and pepper
- Serving ring (optional)
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes. Rinse them in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Finely chop the shallot and zest the peel of 1 lime. Squeeze 3 limes, including the zested lime. Reserve 1 lime as a garnish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan and fry the shallot gently for 3 minutes. Press the garlic, add to the pan and fry for 1 minute. Add the risotto and stir well. Add a little stock and stir the rice until all the liquid is absorbed. Repeat until the risotto is al dente. This takes about 13 minutes. You may not need to use all the stock.
- Add the cheese and lime juice and leave covered for 2 minutes. Add the lime zest and stir the rice. Season the risotto with salt and pepper.
- Pat the cod fillets dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Heat the rest of the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan. Fry the fish skin side down on a high heat for about 5 minutes. Turn the fish and fry for another 2 minutes. Add the asparagus briefly to the pan for the last minute.
- Fill the serving ring with lime risotto, press lightly with a spoon to level then remove the ring. Divide the asparagus and fish over 2 plates. Garnish with a slice of lime.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 650 kcal
- 35 g
- 31 g
- 8 g
- 56 g
- 3 g
- 4 g