Prepare a fresh salad as a side dish and add slices of kiwano for an exotic accent. The sweet to mildly acidic flavour of kiwano lifts this green salad.
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 kiwano
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey or agave syrup
- ½ tsp mustard
- 50 g mixed salad leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a frying pan and toast the pine nuts on a medium heat for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Cool them on a plate.
- Halve the kiwano lengthwise and cut into slices. Halve the sweet pepper, remove the seeds and slice the flesh into thin strips. Halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, honey and mustard to make a dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad leaves over 2 plates. Divide the kiwano, sweet pepper and cherry tomatoes over the salad. Drizzle with the dressing and scatter over the pine nuts.
Variation tip: Replace the pine nuts with coarsely chopped pistachios.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 360 kcal
- 6 g
- 30 g
- 4 g
- 14 g
- 10 g
- 5 g