Do you want to bake brownies with a twist? Chocolate and pepper go very well together, just like in these brownies. The habanero brings a dash of spice and heat to the brownie without being overpowering. You won't be able to resist eating more than one!
- 160 g butter + extra for greasing
- 2 habanero chillies
- 180 g caster sugar
- 8 g vanilla sugar
- 200 g pure chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 185 g flour
- 1 pinch of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Brownie tin (20x20 cm)
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Grease the baking tin with butter and line it with baking paper.
- Halve the habaneros lengthwise, remove the seeds and finely slice the flesh.
- Put the caster sugar with the butter, vanilla sugar and 1 tablespoon of water in a saucepan and gently heat until all the sugar crystals have dissolved.
- In the meanwhile, roughly chop the chocolate and place in a mixing bowl. Pour the sugar mixture into the bowl and let it melt, stirring well. Leave to cool slightly, then whisk in the eggs.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt over the bowl and fold in the mixture. Stir the habanero through the dough. Spoon the dough into the baking tin. Bake the brownie mixture in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes until firm. The top should be completely firm. Leave the brownie to cool completely on a wire rack. Then turn out and slice into squares.
Tip: Also tastes great with 100 g of coarsely chopped pistachio or pecans. Add the nuts at the same time as the chillies.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 320 kcal
- 4 g
- 18 g
- 11 g
- 34 g
- 23 g
- 2 g