This tasty, cranberry cake is an easy-to-prepare bake that can serve a lot of hungry mouths. It goes down a treat with tea, coffee or hot chocolate. Every bite is a bittersweet sensation.
- Directly to...
- 250 g butter, at room temperature,+ extra for greasing
- 250 g cake flour + extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 250 g cranberries
- 100 g white chocolate
- Cake tin 29 cm
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Grease the cake tin with butter and lightly dust with cake flour. Beat the butter and the honey for 5 minutes until light and airy. Add the eggs one by one. Beat well. Only add the next egg when the previous egg has been fully incorporated.
- Sieve the cake flour, the cinnamon and a pinch of salt above the dough. Mix through as lightly as possible. Fold the cranberries through the cake mixture. Spoon the cake mixture into the cake tin. Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for about 50 minutes until golden brown and cooked. To check if your cake is cooked, insert a clean (wooden) skewer into the centre of the cake and remove it. The cake is ready if the skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack. Turn out of the tin after 30 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate au bain-marie. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cake in a zig zag pattern.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 240 kcal
- 3 g
- 17 g
- 10 g
- 19 g
- 13 g
- 1 g