Cod Picasso with cactus figs
Combine fish with fresh fruit. This dish is a variation on the classic sole Picasso. We have given it an exotic twist by adding cactus figs.
- Heat a dry frying pan and roast the flaked almonds on medium heat in about 3 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a plate.
- Peel and slice the kiwis into cubes. Peel and finely slice the ginger. Slice the banana and slice the apple into cubes.
- Cut the mango into two halves along the stone. Score each half into squares without cutting through the skin. Turn out the halves with your thumb and slice off the cubes. Or use a mango slicer.
- Fix the cactus figs to the chopping board using a fork. Cut both ends off the fruit. Score lengthwise into the skin. Remove the skin with a fork. Slice the flesh into pieces. Squeeze the lime.
- Pat the cod fillets dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Heat half the butter or olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the cod in about 8 minutes. Turn them halfway very carefully.
- In the meanwhile, heat the rest of the butter or olive oil in another frying pan. Stir-fry the sliced fruit with the ginger on a high heat in about 3 minutes. Add the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the cod over 4 plates and divide the fruit over the plates. Sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
Tip: Serve the cod with (fried) potatoes and a green salad.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 415 kcal
- 24 g
- 19 g
- 7 g
- 34 g
- 28 g
- 7 g