Cactus fig compote
Quark with fruit compote, what's not to like? This special compote using the sweet to slightly tangy cactus fig tastes delicious in combination with creamy quark. Choose the moment you want to enjoy this dish, for example at breakfast or after dinner.
- Directly to...
- Fix the cactus figs to the chopping board using a fork. Cut both ends off the fruit. Score lengthwise into the skin. Remove the skin with a fork. Slice the flesh into pieces.
- Put the jam sugar in a saucepan and add 150ml of water. Bring to the boil. Add the cactus fig, bring to the boil again and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat. Sieve the cactus mixture. Put half of the seeds from the sieve back in the compote.
- Squeeze the lime. Add the lime juice and simmer for another 2 minutes on a low heat.
- Leave to cool to room temperature for 30 minutes than place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Divide the quark over 4 glasses or coupes. Spoon over 2 tablespoons of cactus fig compote. Divide the blackberries and redcurrants over the glasses.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 450 kcal
- 21 g
- 8 g
- 5 g
- 70 g
- 64 g
- 8 g