Bobotie with mango
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ˚C.
- Slice the bread into cubes. Soak them briefly in the chicken stock. Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic.
- Snijd de mango langs weerszijden van de pit of gebruik een mangosnijder. Remove the skin and slice the flesh lengthwise into approx. 8 slices. Save the slices as a Slice the rest of the flesh into small chunks of 1 cm
- Halve the cayenne pepper lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Finely chop the half pepper.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a casserole. Fry the onion , garlic and cayenne pepper on a medium heat for approx. 3 minutes. Add the mince and fry for 4 minutes. Add the soaked bread with the stock, mango, curry powder and herb vinegar. Fry for another Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mince mixture into an oven dish. Garnish with the mango.
- Roughly chop the coriander. Beat the sour cream with the egg and coriander. Season with salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over the minced meat. Bake the bobotie in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
Variation tip: Add 75 grams of raisins and 1 tablespoon of ground ginger.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 435 kcal
- 24 g
- 28 g
- 12 g
- 20 g
- 15 g
- 3 g