Surprise your guests with an Italian classic. Pesto is easy to make and tastes great with practically everything! Serve on a slice of toasted bread with tomato and mozzarella, drizzled over carpaccio, grilled vegetables or serve with pasta or fried baby potatoes.
- Directly to...
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 50 g fresh basil
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Hand blender or food processor
- Heat a frying pan and toast the pine nuts on a medium heat for about 3 mins.until golden brown. Cool them on a plate.
- Slice the garlic. Place the cooled pine nuts, basil, cheese and olive oil in the beaker of the hand blender or food processor. Blend to create a coarse pesto. Season with salt and pepper.
- Tip: Pour the pesto in a clean, boiled jar, pour a layer of olive oil on top and store it in the fridge. Fresh pesto can be kept for about 2 weeks.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 350 kcal
- 8 g
- 34 g
- 6 g
- 3 g
- 2 g
- 1 g