- 2 avocados
- 2 smoked chicken fillets (300 g)
- 200 g mozzarella
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 8 tbsp green pesto
- 4 tbsp butter or olive oil
- Cut the avocados all the way around the stone. Twist the two halves apart. Remove the stone, scoop the flesh out of the skin and cut into thin slices.
- Slice the chicken and mozzarella thinly.
- Brush the bread with the pesto. Divide the avocado, chicken breast and mozzarella over 4 slices. Cover with the other 4 slices (pesto side down).
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the sandwiches for approx. 8 until golden brown. Turn them halfway.
Prefer not to use meat? Replace the chicken breast with vegetarian pre-sliced chorizo. For a spicy alternative!
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 790 kcal
- 39 g
- 54 g
- 19 g
- 32 g
- 5 g
- 9 g