Steak with figs
- Peel the carrots and cook them in about 4 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic. Heat half the butter in a pan and fry the onion on a medium heat for 3 minutes. Pour in the wine to deglaze the pan and boil on a high heat for 2 minutes. Add 50 ml water and the flour and stir well. Reduce the sauce on a high heat until you have a smooth, not too thick, sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Halve the figs. Wipe the mushrooms with kitchen paper and roughly slice them. Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the shallot and garlic on a medium heat in about 6 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, pat the venison steaks dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Heat the rest of the butter and olive oil in large frying pan. Fry the venison steaks until still pink inside in about 4 minutes. Turn them halfway. Remove the steaks from the pan and let them rest covered for 5 minutes. In the meanwhile, fry the figs in the same pan on a high heat for about 3 minutes or until soft.
- Roughly chop the pistachio nuts. Divide the carrots, steak, figs and mushrooms over 4 (warm) plates. Pour over the red wine sauce and sprinkle with the pistachio nuts.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 585 kcal
- 36 g
- 35 g
- 11 g
- 25 g
- 18 g
- 6 g