Quark tarts with raspberry-strawberry
- 120 g wholemeal biscuits
- 50 g butter
- 5 sheets of gelatine
- 300 g strawberries
- 1 lime
- 75 g icing sugar + 1 tbsp extra
- 300 g full quark
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 125 g raspberry- strawberries (Strassberries)
- Food processor
- 8 6-8 cm high baking rings ø
- Piping bag with serrated nozzle
- Grind the cookies in the food processor into small crumbs. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs. Briefly mix in the food processor.
- Rinse the baking rings with water. Do not dry them. Place the baking rings a baking tray or serving tray lined with baking paper. Divide the cookie crumbs over the rings and press down firmly until smooth on top. Put in the fridge until needed.
- Soak the sheets of gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the crowns from the strawberries and mash them finely (or purée the strawberries in the blender or food processor). Squeeze the lime. Bring half the strawberry purée and the lime juice to the boil in a saucepan. Add the squeezed gelatine and stir until it has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the rest of the strawberry purée and allow to cool (place the pan in a bowl of cold water or in the fridge).
- Stir 75 g of icing sugar through the quark. Fold in the cooled strawberry purée.
- Spoon the strawberry purée over the base of the tarts. Place in the fridge and leave to firm up for approx. 4 hours
- Whip the cream with 1 tablespoon of icing sugar until stiff. Scoop the cream into the piping bag.
- Garnish the quark tarts with a rosette of whipped cream, mint and the raspberry strawberries.
- Prefer not to use gelatine? Replace it with agar agar. For these tarts, use approx. 2-3 g of agar agar. Dissolve the agar agar in a little cold water and add to the boiling strawberry purée. Boil for 2 minutes. Also check the instructions on the package, as these may vary by brand.
Totally vegan version? Replace the butter with coconut oil, the quark with coconut yoghurt or almond yoghurt and the gelatine with agar agar.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 287 kcal
- 6 g
- 17 g
- 11 g
- 27 g
- 17 g
- 2 g