Pancake and mango layer cake
- 200 g flour
- 5 eggs
- 500 ml semi-skimmed milk
- butter or sunflower oil for frying
- Blender or hand blender
- Sieve the flour over a bowl. Add the eggs and beat well with a whisk. Gradually add the milk while stirring. Add the sugar and a pinch of salt. Beat well to form a smooth batter.
- Heat some butter or oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add a spoonful of batter. Spread the batter over the base of the pan and flip the pancakes when the top has almost solidified. Repeat the steps above to make at least 12 pancakes.
- To make the mousse, soak the sheets of gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes. Cut the mango into two halves along the stone. Score each half into squares without cutting through the skin. Turn out the halves with your thumb and slice off the cubes. Or use a mango slicer. Purée the flesh in the blender or with the hand blender.
- Place half the blended mango purée and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the squeezed gelatine and stir until it has dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the rest of the mango purée. Squeeze the lime and add the juice. Put in the fridge until needed.
- Beat the cream in a large bowl with the mixer until it is the consistency of thick yoghurt. Fold the mango purée as lightly as possible through the cream.
- Place a pancake on a plate. Spread with a generous tablespoon of mango mousse and cover with a second pancake. Repeat the steps above until all the pancakes and mousse have been used up. Leave the cake in the fridge to firm for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mango for the decoration in the same way as in step 3. Purée 1 half of the mango into a smooth sauce in the blender or with the hand blender. Use the remaining mango cubes as
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the mango purée, icing sugar and cream. Stir to create a sauce. Leave to cool in the fridge until use.
- Decorate the cake with the mango cubes, strawberries and mango sauce.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 525 kcal
- 12 g
- 27 g
- 14 g
- 56 g
- 38 g
- 3 g