Mango carrot soup
This mango soup is a wonderful way to open a festive dinner. The vibrant orange brightens up the table! You can also serve the soup in small glasses as an amuse.
- 3 carrots
- 3 cm ginger
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mild Indian curry paste
- 2 mangoes
- 1 l semi-skimmed milk
- 200 g chickpeas
- ½ tray shiso purple cress
- salt and pepper
- hand blender
- Peel the carrots and slice thinly. Peel and finely slice the ginger. Finely chop the onion.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan. Fry the ginger and onion on a medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the carrots and curry paste and fry for 3 minutes.
- Cut the mango into two halves along the stone. Score each half into squares without cutting through the skin. Turn out the halves with your thumb and slice off the cubes. Or use a mango slicer.
- Pour in the milk, add the mango and bring to the boil. Simmer the soup on a low heat for 15 minutes. Purée into a smooth soup with the hand blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the chickpeas, rinse them and pat them dry. Heat the rest of the olive oil in frying pan. Fry the chickpeas on a medium heat for approx. 4 minutes until golden brown and slightly crunchy.
- Divide the soup over 4 bowls. Garnish with the chickpeas and shiso purple cress.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 400 kcal
- 13 g
- 14 g
- 4 g
- 50 g
- 41 g
- 10 g