Home-made mango ice cream
Making your own ice cream seems a lot of work, but this version is simplicity itself. And although there is no actual cream in it, the texture is super creamy. The mango coconut mixture also makes great ice lollies! With or without the walnuts. For a crispy crunch.
- Directly to...
- 4 persons
- 15 min. preparation 8 HOURS OF WAITING TIME
- 340 kcal Nutrition Value
- Gluten free Lactose free
Mango ice cream
- Food processor or blender
- Cut the mango into two halves along the stone. Score each half into squares without cutting through the skin. Turn out the halves with your thumb and slice off the cubes. Or use a mango slicer.
- Squeeze the lime. Purée the mango with the lime juice and coconut cream in the food processor or blender to create a smooth purée. Spoon the mango purée into a shallow freezer container. Place in the freezer for approx. 6 hours. For extra smooth ice cream, stir the mixture thoroughly with a whisk (preferably every hour) to avoid large ice crystals forming.
- Chop the walnuts finely just before serving. Scoop the ice cream into 4 bowls and sprinkle with the walnuts.
Tip: Sprinkle the ice cream with slightly toasted coconut flakes. Or coarsely chopped pure or white chocolate.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 340 kcal
- 4 g
- 22 g
- 13 g
- 29 g
- 26 g
- 4 g