Grilled Shanghai paksoy
This crunchy Shanghai paksoy is delicious grilled on the barbecue. Combine with the Asian marinade to create a true flavour bomb. If you can't grill on a barbecue, just use a grill pan. Don't grill the paksoy for too long, otherwise it will lose its crunch. Grilling briefly also retains the vitamins.
- Directly to...
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 4 Shanghai paksoy
- BBQ or grill pan
- Heat a frying pan and toast the sesame seeds on a medium heat for about 3 mins. until golden brown. Leave to cool in a bowl. Add the olive oil, soy sauce, sesame oil and ketjap manis and mix with a whisk to create a marinade.
- Slice the Shanghai paksoy lengthwise. Place them cut side down on the barbecue and grill for about 4 minutes. Or heat the grill pan. Place the paksoy cut side down on the pan and grill for about 4 minutes. Brush with the marinade.
Variation tip: For extra spice, add a half a finely sliced clove of garlic and half a finely chopped EAT ME cayenne pepper to the marinade.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 250 kcal
- 5 g
- 21 g
- 3 g
- 7 g
- 6 g
- 2 g