Cranberry cake with white chocolate
Cranberries are real Christmas classics! This cake is easy to prepare for a large group, if you want to serve something delicious at Christmas time for coffee or dessert. Every single bite is a sweet taste sensation.
- 250 g butter, room temperature + extra for greasing
- 250 g castor sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 250 g cake flour + 1 tbsp. for the cranberries
- 225 g cranberries, at room temperature
- 200 g white chocolate
- Cake tin 30 cm
- Piping bag or ziplock bag
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C. Grease the cake tin with butter and line the tin with baking paper.
- Beat the butter with the castor sugar and vanilla sugar for 5 minutes untill light and fluffy with a mixer in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs one by one. Do not add another egg until the previous one has been mixed thoroughly. Beat for another 2 minutes. Sieve the cake flour and a pinch of salt into it and fold it in as lightly as possible.
- Mix the extra flour into the cranberries and fold them into the dough. Spoon the dough into the cake tin. Bake the cake in the middle of the oven in approx. 65 minutes until golden brown and done. Check with a skewer, insert the skewer into the cake, if it comes out clean and dry the cake is done. Let the cake cool in the cake tin for 20 minutes and then cool completely when it has come out of the tin.
- Meanwhile, make the compote. Squeeze the lime and put the juice in a saucepan. Add the cranberries and the other ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil over low heat for 5 minutes. Then leave to cool to room temperature.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie. Place the chocolate in a piping or ziplock bag, cut off the tip and zigzag the chocolate over the cooled cake. Let the chocolate get hard. Serve the cake with the compote.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 515 kcal
- 5 g
- 25 g
- 15 g
- 66 g
- 56 g
- 3 g