- Food processor
- Ice cream scoop (optional)
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 120 °C.
- Open the coconut by poking out the holes in 2 of the 3 eyes, or indentations, at the base of the nut. Collect the coconut water in a glass. Tap the coconut carefully with the hammer until the shell starts to crack. Break it open and cut the coconut meat away from the shell. If necessary, use a peeler to remove any traces of brown skin. Grate the coconut meat as finely as possible with a grater or grind it in the food processor.
- Spread the grated coconut on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Leave to dry in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Increase the oven temperature to 175 °C. Weigh 200 g of coconut meat.
- Zest the peel of the lime. Squeeze the juice. Separate the eggs. Mix the egg whites with the lime zest, 1 tablespoon of juice, sugar and vanilla sugar. Add the dried coconut and mix to create a firm dough.
- Make 16 equal balls (use the ice cream scoop). Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press the top down a little. Bake the coconut macaroons in the middle of the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked.
Tip: You don't need the coconut water for the recipe, so drink it and enjoy!
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 235 kcal
- 3 g
- 17 g
- 13 g
- 14 g
- 13 g
- 6 g