Chicekn burger with mango-kiwi salsa
- 3 kiwis
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 4 cm ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 mango
- 3 tbsp apple juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp potato starch (cornflour)
- salt and pepper
- 1 shallot
- 1 kg chicken mince
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 crop iceberg lettuce
- 8 hamburger rolls
- BBQ or grill pan
- Heat the barbecue or use a grill pan.
- Peel and slice the kiwis into cubes.
- Halve the cayenne pepper lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Finely chop the pepper Peel and finely slice the ginger. Squeeze the lime. Place the kiwi, half the cayenne pepper, ginger and lime juice in a large saucepan.
- Cut the mango into two halves along the stone. Score each half into squares without cutting through the skin. Turn out the halves with your thumb and slice off the cubes. Or use a mango slicer. Add the mango to the kiwi mixture.
- Add the apple juice and honey and bring to the boil on a low heat. Add the potato starch (or cornflour) Stir with 2-3 tablespoons of water first to make a smooth paste. Simmer for approx. 3 mins. until the sauce starts to thicken. Using potato starch as a thickener will not make the salsa chalky. Season with salt and pepper. Leave to cool until ready to use.
- Finely chop the shallot and place in a mixing bowl. Add the rest of the cayenne pepper, chicken mince, chicken seasoning, ketjap manis, breadcrumbs and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Knead all ingredients together. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Use your damp hands to form 8 burgers.
- Grill the chicken burgers on the barbecue in about 12 minutes under cooked. Turn them halfway. Or grill in the grill pan.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the iceberg lettuce. Halve the hamburger rolls. Grill the cut surface on the barbecue or hot grill pan for approx. 2 minutes to create attractive burn marks. Place some iceberg lettuce on one half of the roll. Add the chicken burger and some salsa. Top with the other half of the roll.
- Tip: Tastes super with sweet potato fries! (doorklik naar link van zoete aardappelfriet met avocadodip)
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 525 kcal
- 28 g
- 25 g
- 6 g
- 45 g
- 18 g
- 4 g