Papaya is delicious as a cold snack, but it also tastes amazing cooked! Caramelise the papaya in the oven and scoop out the tender and sweet flesh. Add a taste dimension with a scoop of ice cream.
- Directly to...
- Breakfast, Dessert, Snacks, Brunch
- 4 persons
- 10 min. preparation 25 min. in the oven
- 170 kcal Nutrition Value
- Gluten free Lactose free
- 1 Formosa papaya
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown caster sugar (or palm or coconut blossom sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Halve the papaya lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon. Place the halves on a baking tray with the cut side facing up.
- Squeeze the lime. Mix the juice with the honey and caster sugar. Brush over the surface of the papayas.
- Bake the papaya in the oven for about 25 minutes until the top is nicely caramelised.
Tip: Also makes a delightful breakfast served with Greek yoghurt and (crunchy) muesli.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 170 kcal
- 2 g
- 1 g
- 0 g
- 36 g
- 36 g
- 6 g