Bundt form cake with icing and passion fruit
Baking gives many people a moment of zen. Concentrating on just one thing can be very calming. And the result is super tasty too. The ultimate win-win situation.
- Directly to...
Bundt form cake
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C. Grease the bundt form tin with butter and lightly dust with flour. Shake out any excess flour.
- Beat the butter with the brown sugar in a mixing bowl using the mixer for about 5 minutes until light and airy. Add the eggs one at a time. Only add the next egg when the previous egg is fully incorporated. Add the vanilla extract and beat.
- Zest the peel of the lime. Squeeze the juice. Sieve the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt over the bowl and spoon as lightly as possible through the cake dough. Gently add the lime juice and zest. Spoon the dough into the baking tin. Smooth the top of the mixture. Place in the oven and bake for about 50 minutes until golden brown and cooked. Leave to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove the cake form the tine and let it cool down completely.
- Sieve the icing sugar into a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of hot water and stir to create a thick, smooth icing. If necessary, add extra hot water but do not make the icing too thin. Keep stirring until the icing shines.
- Halve the passion fruit and spoon the flesh out of the skin. Pour the icing over the cooled cake and leave to firm up for approx. 10 minutes. Then decorate with the passion fruit.
Tip: Add some edible flowers to make an even more elegant cake.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 440 kcal
- 6 g
- 21 g
- 13 g
- 56 g
- 39 g
- 1 g