Yellow pasta with turmeric and tuna
The bright yellow-orange of turmeric is widely used in Indian cuisine to add vibrancy to curries. So why not use this natural dye in your simple pasta dish? The kids will just love making this!
- 40 g turmeric
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin of tuna in water (180 g drained weight)
- 250 g tagliatelle
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 6 basil leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tsp destoned black olives
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and finely slice the turmeric. Put the turmeric in a saucepan with 3 litres of water. Bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, finely chop the onion. Peel the carrots, halve it lengthwise and cut into half slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 3 minutes until it softens. Add the carrot and fry for 2 minutes. Add the tuna and turn down the heat.
- Drain the turmeric infused water through a sieve. Cook the pasta in the yellow water for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave the pan to stand for about 3 minutes for an optimal colour. Check if the pasta is cooked and drain.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes into wedges and roughly chop the basil. Slice the spring onion and olives into rings. Add to the tuna, carefully mix and season with pepper and salt.
- Divide the pasta over two plates and serve the vegetables and tuna mix on top.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 750 kcal
- 37 g
- 22 g
- 4 g
- 96 g
- 12 g
- 9 g