Tostadas with avocado and prawns
Virtually everything tastes terrific on a tostada. And that includes avocado. The satisfying crunch of the tostada combined with the soft texture of avocado. With the sweet taste of prawns and the flavour punch of pesto. Perfect!
- Directly to...
- Lunch, Starter, Appetisers and snacks, Brunch
- 4 persons
- 30 min. preparation 6 min. in de oven
- 395 kcal Nutrition Value
- Gluten free Low in carbohydrates
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 12 prawns
- 1 red onion
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 4 tostadas
- 4 tbsp basil pesto
- 5 g flat leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cut the avocados all the way around the stone. Twist the two halves apart. Remove the stone and scoop the flesh out of the skin. Finely mash 2 avocados. Squeeze the lime. Add the juice to the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the olive oil into a bowl. Press the garlic and add to the oil. Add the prawns to the oil, stir to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the red onion into half rings. Slice the sweet peppers into strips.
- Brush the tostadas with the pesto. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and divide the prawns, onion and sweet pepper over the top. Place the tostadas in the middle of the oven. Bake until they are crispy for approx. 6 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, roughly chop the parsley. Serve the tostadas accompanied by the avocado purée. Garnish with parsley.
Prefer a vegetarian version? Use sliced haloumi instead of prawns
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 395 kcal
- 17 g
- 29 g
- 4 g
- 13 g
- 6 g
- 6 g