Salmon and haricots verts with lime and almond
Do you want to serve a nice green side dish? Prepare haricots verts in an unusual way by adding an almond crunch and the zing of lime. A tasty partner to salmon.
Salmon and vegetables
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 °
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Place them in a suitable sized oven dish and drizzle with the wine. Bake the salmon in the middle of the oven in approx. 10 min. until just cooked.
- Top and tail the haricots verts and cook them for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process. Chop the onion and press the garlic clove. Thinly slice the basil and mint leaves.
- Heat a frying pan and toast the flaked almond on a medium heat for about 3 mins.until golden brown. Cool on a plate.
- Heat the walnut oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic on a medium heat for about 3 min. Add the haricots verts and stir-fry for approx. 2 minutes or until they are tender and cooked.
- Scrub the lime, zest the green skin and squeeze the juice. Add the haricots verts to the pan with the basil, mint and lime zest. Season with lime juice and salt and pepper. Serve with the salmon, and sprinkle over the toasted flaked almonds.
Tip: Tastes great with baby potatoes boiled in the skin. The recipe then is no longer low in carbohydrates.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 475 kcal
- 32 g
- 34 g
- 5 g
- 7 g
- 6 g
- 5 g