Salad with haricots verts
A delicious fresh and healthy salad. The salad is also very vibrant, so it is a festive splash of colour.
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 150 g haricots verts
- 150 g carrots
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 30 g mixed salad leaves
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150g feta
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Heat a frying pan and toast the pine nuts on a medium heat for about 3 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a plate.
- Place the cherry tomatoes in an oven dish and roast them in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes or until they are soft and start to split.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Top and tail the haricots verts and cook them in about 6 minutes. Peel the carrot, cut into diagonal slices and cut into strips. Add the carrots to the haricots verts for last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- Halve the sweet pepper, remove the seeds and slice the flesh into strips.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar and mustard to make a dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the haricots verts, carrots, sweet pepper and salad leaves. Pour over the dressing and stir. Crumble the feta over the salad, sprinkle with the pine nuts and garnish with the roast tomatoes.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 635 kcal
- 20 g
- 51 g
- 17 g
- 19 g
- 16 g
- 9 g