Pasta salad with mango and ham
A deliciously refreshing lunch. If you want to eat this as a main course, add some pulses, like white beans, to make the dish more filling.
- Directly to...
- 300 g penne (or any other short pasta)
- 1 mango
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 200 g cooked ham
- 75 g mixed salad leaves
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp wood matured balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- In the meanwhile, slice the mango into two halves along the stone. Score the halves from top to bottom, down to the skin, to form thin strips. Press the skin inside out and cut the strips off. Or use a mango slicer.
- Cut the cucumber and bell pepper into strips, and the ham into cubes.
- Mix the pasta with the cucumber, bell pepper, mango, ham and lettuce.
- Whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mustard into a dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the salad with the dressing.
- If you prefer vegan or vegetarian, replace the ham with black olives for a savoury touch. Or you could use drained borlotti beans for an extra filling salad.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 545 kcal
- 20 g
- 19 g
- 3 g
- 71 g
- 17 g
- 5 g