Pasta salad with avocado and chicken
A delicious variation on warm pasta is a pasta salad. Lovely in summer. This salad is incredibly versatile. We've made one with avocado, sweet peppers and chicken. Prepare some extra, then you already have a lunch for work the next day.
- Directly to...
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 300 g chicken breast
- 1 tps chicken seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g (whole wheat) fusilli
- 1 red sweet pepper
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 1 red onion
- 2 avocados
- 6 tbsp green pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a dry frying pan and roast the pine nuts on medium heat in about 3 minutes until golden brown. Cool them on a plate.
- Rub the chicken with chicken seasoning. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken over a medium heat until golden brown and cooked in about 10 minutes. Leave to cool a little, then slice the chicken.
- Cook the fusilli according to the instructions on the package. Drain.
- In the meantime, slice the sweet peppers into strips and the onion into half rings.
- Cut the avocados all the way around the stone. Twist the two halves apart. Remove the stone, scoop the flesh out of the skin and cut into cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients, season to taste with the pesto and salt and pepper.
Prefer a vegetarian version? Replace the chicken breast with drained chickpeas or halved mini mozzarella balls.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 695 kcal
- 32 g
- 42 g
- 6 g
- 42 g
- 8 g
- 10 g