Open lasagne with white asparagus
White asparagus are perfect at Christmas time because the Dutch also call them ''White gold. We have made a delicious pasta dish with white asparagus, pancetta, tomatoes and spinach.
- 150 g pancetta (sliced)
- 450 g white asparagus
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg spinach
- 150 ml cream
- 4 pomodori tomatoes
- 20 g fresh dill
- 8 fresh lasagna sheets
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Baking paper
- Grill pan
- Preheat the oven to 130 °C. Place the pancetta on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake the pancetta in approx. 20 minutes in the oven or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Peel the white asparagus and cut 2 cm off the ends. Cook them in approx. 6 minutes in a pan with boiling water until al dente. Let the asparagus cool and cut them in half. Keep the hot water.
- Crush the garlic. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the garlic. Add the spinach in parts and stir until all the spinach has shrunk. Pour in the cream and let it cook for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill pan. Thinly slice the tomatoes and grill them briefly in the grill pan, until they have nice grill stripes. Chop the dill, sprinkle it over the tomatoes and keep some for garnishing.
- Bring the water from the asparagus back to a boil and cook the lasagne sheets per 4 until al dente. Drain them in a strainer. Repeat with the rest of the lasagna.
- Place a lasagna sheet on each (heated) plate, divide half of the asparagus, pancetta, spinach and tomato on top. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, the remaining dill and pepper.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 575 kcal
- 27 g
- 36 g
- 16 g
- 32 g
- 6 g
- 9 g