Get ready for a mango fiesta! The perfect way to end an evening - fabulous homemade sorbet. Treat your family or friends with this delicious dessert.
- Directly to...
- 100 g cane sugar
- 4 mangoes
- 1 tbsp ginger syrup
- 1 lemon
- 100 g dried mango
- 3 sprigs of fresh mint
- Food processor
- Ice cream maker (optional)
- Bring 100 ml of water with the cane sugar to the boil. Simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes or until the sugar crystals have dissolved. Allow to cool (if necessary in the freezer).
- Cut the mango into two halves along the stone. Score each half into squares without cutting through the skin. Turn out the halves with your thumb and slice off the cubes. Or use a mango slicer.
- Place the mango in the food processor with the cane sugar syrup and ginger syrup. Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the mango. Blend to create a smooth purée.
- Cut the dried mango into the smallest possible pieces. Stir them through the mango purée. Transfer to an ice cream maker or a freezer-proof container. Follow the instructions on the ice cream maker. Or place the container in the freezer in at least 5 hours. Stir with a fork every half an hour to break up the ice crystals.
- Serve in scoops and garnish with mint.
- Tip: For an extra zesty accent, add some grated fresh ginger.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 420 kcal
- 3 g
- 1 g
- 0 g
- 96 g
- 94 g
- 8 g