Mango and prawn salad
- Peel the prawns but leave on the tails. Place the prawns in a bowl. Press the garlic and add to the purée. Peel and grate the ginger and add to the prawns. Squeeze the lime and add half of the juice to the prawns. Roughly chop half of the coriander. Add to the prawns with 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well. Marinate the prawns for 15 minutes.
- Thinly slice the lettuce. Cut the mango into two halves along the stone. Score each half into thin strips without cutting through the skin. Turn out the halves with your thumb and slice off the strips. Or use a mango slicer.
- Remove the seeds from the cayenne pepper and slice the flesh into thin rings. Slice the spring onion into rings. Mix the lettuce, mango, cayenne pepper and spring onion together in a large bowl.
- Combine the rest of the lime juice with the rest of the sunflower oil to make a dressing. Drizzle over the salad. Roughly chop the peanuts and the rest of the coriander.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan. Stir-fry the prawns on a high heat in approx. 3 minutes or until they are pink and cooked. Add the prawns to the salad. Garnish with the coriander and peanuts.
- Tip: Serve this salad with noodles and sweet chili sauce and you have a complete meal.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 395 kcal
- 31 g
- 16 g
- 2 g
- 29 g
- 26 g
- 5 g