Habanero and chicken curry
Are you a fan of spicy curries and often use a convenient jar or pack? Forget that - we have a delicious recipe for a fresh Indian curry that is simplicity itself. The habanero chili adds a kick of spice. How spicy is up to you.
- Directly to...
- Halve habanero chilli lengthwise, remove the seeds and finely slice the flesh.
- Squeeze the lime. Grate the ginger, turmeric and garlic on a fine grater and mix with the habanero chilli, lime juice, yogurt, sugar and garam masala. Slice the chicken into 3 cm chunks. Add to the yoghurt mixture and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Slice the shiitake, slice the spring onion into rings and the onions into half rings. Heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a wok (or frying pan) and fry the onion for about 5 minutes until it softens. Remove the onion from the wok. Add the chicken and fry until it is brown on all sides in about 3 minutes. Add the onion and the rest of the marinade, stir and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Heat the rest of the peanut oil in a frying pan and fry the shiitake and spring onion for about 3 minutes until cooked. Sprinkle over the curry. Serve the curry with the rice.
Tip: Tastes great served with naan bread.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 645 kcal
- 28 g
- 26 g
- 10 g
- 73 g
- 10 g
- 4 g