Grilled sweet potato with herb oil dressing
Sweet potato is incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. Sweet potato tastes delicious grilled and served with a tasty dressing. The simplicity showcases the pure flavour.
Sweet potato with dressing
- 500 g sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 15 g fresh basil
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Sea salt
- Grill pan
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes, cut them in lengthwise into slices of approx. 8 mm and brush them thinly with olive oil.
- Heat a grill pan and grill the sweet potato on both sides until attractive grill marks appear. Divide the slices over a baking tray lined with baking paper. Place in the oven and bake until soft and tender for about 20 minutes.
- Halve the cayenne pepper lengthwise, remove the seeds and finely slice the flesh.
- Finely slice the basil leaves and mix with the extra virgin olive oil. Press the garlic. Add the cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the sweet potatoes with the herb oil.
Serving tip: Delicious with Greek yogurt and EAT ME pomegranate seeds. The recipe is then no longer lactose free.
BBQ tip: Slices of sweet potato are also great on the barbecue. Slice them a little thicker, about 1 cm, thinly brush with olive oil and grill them. Serve with the herb oil. Don't waste any of the oil - it makes a super dipping sauce for bread!
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 565 kcal
- 2 g
- 49 g
- 7 g
- 27 g
- 7 g
- 3 g