Ginger butter cake
The aromatic scent of ginger is reminiscent of Asian countries, but it also evokes cold winter days. A perfect moment to bake this delicious ginger butter cake and serve it with a lovely steaming mug of tea.
- 6 cm ginger
- 350 g butter, at room temperature + extra for greasing
- 275 g white caster sugar
- 375 g flour
- 1 egg
- Fine grater
- 22 cm spring form tin (or cake tin)
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Line the base of the springform with baking paper and grease the edge. If you are using a cake tine, grease the tin well.
- Peel the ginger and grate using a fine grater over a mixing bowl. Add the butter, caster sugar, flour and ¼ teaspoon salt. Mix with the mixer until smooth.
- Pour the mix into the springform and press flat with the rounded side of a spoon. Beat the egg and brush the top with the egg. Bake the ginger butter cake in the middle of the oven for about 35 minutes until golden brown and cooked. The centre does not need to be completely firm. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 500 kcal
- 6 g
- 29 g
- 19 g
- 54 g
- 28 g
- 2 g