Filled sweet potato
A wonderfully warm sweet potato filled with a fresh and fruity salad is a healthy and tasty choice. Bake in the oven or on the barbecue in summer.
Stuffed sweet potato
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 30 g pine nuts
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 avocado
- 100 g cheese with mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Aluminium foil
- BBQ (or oven)
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Scrub the potatoes. Wrap them in aluminium foil and bake them in the oven in about 30 minutes. Or place them on the barbecue. Turn regularly. Insert a fork to check if they are cooked. If the fork goes in easily, the sweet potatoes are cooked.
- In the meantime, heat a frying pan and toast the pine nuts on a medium heat for about 3 mins. until golden brown. Cool them on a plate.
- Cut off the top of the pomegranate. Cut through the skin over the segments. Break open the fruit. Remove the pips.
- Slice the avocado all the way around the stone. Twist the two halves apart. Remove the stone, scoop the flesh out of the skin and cut into cubes.
- Finely dice the cheese and mix with avocado and olive oil.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the aluminium foil. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Leave them to cool for 5 minutes. Divide the salad over the potato halves. Scatter with the pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 595 kcal
- 13 g
- 28 g
- 8 g
- 68 g
- 16 g
- 11 g