Cheesecake comes in many shapes and sizes. In this recipe, you combine the creamy cake with the sweet flavour of fresh figs. Ideal if you are looking for something delicious to go with your coffee or tea. Also perfect as a dessert for a larger party, for example after a barbecue.
- Directly to...
- Dessert, Cakes
- 12 persons
- 40 min. preparation 2 hours in the oven 2 hours of waiting time
- 440 kcal Nutrition Value
- 75 g butter + extra for greasing
- 260 g ginger biscuits
- 1 vanilla pod
- 600 g MonChou cream cheese
- 175 g caster sugar
- 40 g flour
- 75 g sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 8 figs
- Springform pan approx. 24 cm
- Baking paper
- Food processor (or ziplock bag
- Preheat the oven to 130 °C. Line the bottom of the springform pan with baking paper and grease the edge with butter.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Crumble the biscuits in the food processor into fine crumbs and, while the machine is running, pour in the melted butter. Or put the biscuits in a ziplock bag, close it and crumble them with a rolling pin. Then mix them with the melted butter. Spread the crumbs evenly over the base of the springform pan and press down firmly with the rounded side of a spoon. Put in the fridge until needed.
- Halve the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the marrow with the tip of the knife. Beat the cream cheese with the sugar in a mixer bowl to loosen the texture. Whisk in the vanilla mixture, flour, sour cream and eggs and beat to a smooth batter. Pour the batter into the springform pan.
- Cut the figs into slices and divide them over the batter. Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for approx. 2 hours or until the batter has completely set. Leave the cheesecake to cool for at least 30 minutes on a wire rack and cool completely in the refrigerator. Serve cold.
Tip: Does the top turn a little bit brown? Cover the cake with aluminium foil.
Tip: Prevent cracks in the cake! Let the cake cool down in the warm oven, by lowering the temperature slowly you can prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 440 kcal
- 7 g
- 28 g
- 17 g
- 40 g
- 31 g
- 1 g