Duck breast and cranberry salad
Not everyone thinks about serving a salad in winter, as salads are typically associated with light, summery dishes. But salads taste just as great in winter if you add some flavoursome winter ingredients. Why not give it a try!
- Directly to...
Duck breast and cranberry saladDuck breast and cranberry salad
- 300 g duck breast, at room temperature
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 75 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 170 g cranberries
- 80 g pancetta
- 3 oranges
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pears
- 1 head of chicory
- 1 head of radicchio
- 125 g mixed salad leaves
- salt and pepper
- Baking paper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Score the duck breasts with a criss-cross pattern through the skin and fat layer, but not right down to the flesh. Pat dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat a frying pan. Place the breasts skin side down in the pan without oil or butter and fry for 2 minutes on a high heat. Turn the meat and fry for another 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Scrub the lime and zest the skin. Place the wine, caster sugar, cinnamon and cranberries in a saucepan and bring to the boil. As soon as the mixture boils, remove from the heat immediately. Add the lime zest, stir and leave to cool.
- Place the pancetta on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until crisp. Place the duck breast in the oven for the last 5 minutes. After the cooking time, cover the duck breast and leave to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Squeeze the lime and 1 orange. Pour the juice into a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes on a low heat. Add the mustard. Stir and remove the pan from the heat. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Add the olive oil while stirring all the time. Season with salt and pepper.
- Quarter the pears and remove the core. Slice the pears and lay them in the dressing.
- Peel the remaining oranges and remove the pith. Slice the flesh across and halve the slices. Lay the orange slices in the dressing as well.
- Trim the base of the chicory and radicchio and remove the core. Separate the leaves and mix them with the salad leaves. Arrange in a bowl. Arrange the pear and orange slices over the salad and drizzle with the dressing. Scatter the pancetta on top. Slice the duck breast thinly. Lay the slices on the salad and garnish with the cranberries.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 495 kcal
- 18 g
- 29 g
- 8 g
- 39 g
- 37 g
- 6 g