Chili con carne with mango
This chili con carne with an exotic twist is ready in a flash, healthy and surprisingly tasty. Not too keen on hot and spicy or want to make the dish for the whole family? Leave the cayenne pepper out of the recipe.
- Directly to...
Chili con carne
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- In the meanwhile, chop the onion and finely slice the garlic. Halve the cayenne pepper, remove the seeds and finely slice the flesh. Slice the sweet pepper into 1 cm cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onion with the garlic and cayenne pepper in about 3 minutes. Add the mince, cumin and coriander and fry for 3 minutes. Add the sweet peppers and tomato purée and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans including the liquid and bring to the boil, stirring all the time. Put the lid on the pan and leave to simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, slice the mango into two halves along the stone. Score each half into squares without cutting through the skin. Turn out the halves with your thumb and slice off the cubes. Or use a mango slicer.
- Slice the spring onion into rings. Mix the mango and spring onions through the chili and season with salt and pepper. Serve the chili con carne with the rice.
Kids tip: Serve the chili con carne with tortilla chips.
Serving tip: Sprinkle the chili con carne generously with roughly chopped fresh coriander and add a wedge of EAT ME lime.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 675 kcal
- 28 g
- 23 g
- 7 g
- 83 g
- 20 g
- 11 g