Butternut squash rösti
Butternut squash is deliciously sweet and that's why kids love it. Rösti is really yummy and so easy to make. Surprise your children with this dish!
- Directly to...
- Lunch, Starter, Side dish, Brunch
- 4 persons
- 30 min. preparation
- 175 kcal Nutrition Value
- Lactose free Low in carbohydrates
- ½ butternut squash
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp canned sweet corn, drained
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- Halve the butternut squash lengthwise. Slice the top into wedges of approx. 1.5 cm. Peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds with a spoon. Grate the squash and put into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg and add to the pumpkin together with the sweet corn, flour, curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to create a firm mixture. Add some extra flour if it is not firm enough and does not stick together.
- Heat some olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Spoon three or four heaps of the squash mixture into the pan and press flat. Fry the rösti on a medium heat in about 10 minutes until cooked and golden brown. Turn the rösti halfway.
Tip: Tastes wonderful with a sauce made of Greek yoghurt with finely sliced chives and pepper. The recipe is no longer lactose free.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 175 kcal
- 4 g
- 9 g
- 2 g
- 18 g
- 3 g
- 3 g