- Halve the butternut squash lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon. Slice the squash into pieces of approx. 1. Peel the butternut squash, then dice the flesh.
- Chop the onion and finely chop the garlic. Halve the cayenne pepper lengthwise, remove the seeds and finely slice the flesh.
- Heat the olive or coconut oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and cayenne pepper on a medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the squash and curry paste and fry for 5 minutes. Pour in the coconut milk and simmer the curry on a low heat for about 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- In the meantime, cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Roughly chop the coriander. Serve the curry with the rice and sprinkle with the coriander.
Tip 1: Add 3 cm peeled and finely sliced EAT ME ginger to the curry. Fry the ginger with the onion, garlic and cayenne pepper. This gives an extra hint of freshness to the curry.
Tip 2: Use whole wheat basmati rice to add extra fibre to the dish.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 575 kcal
- 9 g
- 21 g
- 12 g
- 84 g
- 6 g
- 6 g