Apple and pomegranate pie
Looking for something tasty with a cup of tea or coffee? This variation on the classic apple pie has a sweet twist. Experiment with pomegranate seeds and discover how delicious they are in a pie.
- 1 pack of apple pie mix (plus the extra ingredients, see package)
- 1 sachet gelatine
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 250 g pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° Bake the apple pie according to the instructions on the package. Use all the pie dough for the base and the raised edge of the pie. Make an open apple pie. When it is baked, remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire grid.
- Measure 200 ml of water. Take 3 tablespoons of water and mix with the sachet of gelatine until smooth.
- Bring the rest of the water to the boil. Add the caster sugar and bring back to the boil. Pour in the gelatine mixture. Bring to the boil again stirring all the time to create a smooth jelly.
- Leave the jelly to cool slightly and stir in the pomegranate seeds. Spoon the jelly mixture over the top of the pie. Place in the fridge and leave to firm for at least 15 minutes.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 320 kcal
- 4 g
- 11 g
- 5 g
- 51 g
- 31 g
- 1 g