Vegetarian spring rolls with haricots verts
These home-made spring rolls will transport you to the Orient. You might think the preparation is complicated, but these vegetarian spring rolls are super easy to make and they taste wonderful!
- Directly to...
- Starter, Appetisers and snacks
- 6 persons
- 30 min. preparation
- 200 kcal Nutrition Value
- Lactose free Vegetarian
- 150 g haricots verts
- 1 onion
- 1 small carrot (100 g)
- 1 rawit pepper
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp ketjap (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp dark brown sugar
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp flour
- 12 sheets of spring roll wrappers (defrosted in the packaging)
- 1 egg white
- Heat the deep fat fryer to 180 °C.
- Top and tail the haricots verts and slice them into 1 cm chunks.
- Chop the onion, peel the carrot and slice into 6 mm cubes. Halve the rawit peppers lengthwise, remove the seeds and finely slice the flesh.
- Heat the coconut oil in the wok or frying pan. Stir-fry the onion, haricots verts, carrot and rawit pepper on a high heat for 3 minutes. Press the garlic. Add to wok together with the ketjap, soy sauce and brown sugar. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the bean sprouts and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the flour. Stir the mixture and allow the sauce to thicken for approx. 2 minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- Place six spring roll wrappers on the work surface, then place the other six on top. Divide the filling over the six double spring roll wrappers. Beat the egg white to loosen.
- Fold the two outer sides of the wrappers towards the centre. Then fold one of the lower points over the filling. Brush the point of this wrapper with the egg white, then tightly roll the wrapper. Deep fry the spring rolls in two portions at 180 °C for approx. 5 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: The spring rolls taste lovely with a sweet chilli dip sauce seasoned with Sriracha sauce, the juice and zest of 1 EAT ME lime and some finely sliced coriander.
Nutrition value per person/bite
- 200 kcal
- 4 g
- 11 g
- 6 g
- 20 g
- 2 g
- 7 g